Miles Mason, Sr. is joined by principal accountant Cherry Blanton to discuss the gender disparity in public accounting and the future of the CPA profession from a gender dynamics perspective. See the full interview here.
LINK: 2019 CPA Firm Gender Study
Cherry Blanton, CPA joined Watkins Uiberall, PLLC in 2019 as a Principal in the attest group bringing with her extensive private company, not-for-profit, and employee benefit plan experience. Prior to joining Watkins Uiberall, she previously served clients as a shareholder with a top ten national accounting firm. With more than 20 years of public accounting experience, she has provided assurance and consulting services to clients in numerous industries including advertising, manufacturing, construction, distribution, real estate and investments. Her clients have included diverse types of owners ranging from private equity firms to family groups. She has experience managing audit engagements for companies with complex ownership structures, consolidations, and multiple entities.
Cherry serves as the Firm’s Employee Benefit Plan Practice Leader. As part of her commitment to provide the highest quality service to her clients, she attends the annual Employee Benefit Plan conference sponsored by the AICPA. She also has special project experience in benefit plan compliance services.
Memberships and leadership include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA);
- Tennessee Society of CPAs (TSCPA), Past President of Memphis chapter, Employee Benefit Plans Conference, Planning Committee member
- Financial Executives International, (FEI), Past President of Memphis chapter
- Advisory Board Member for the University of Memphis – Memphis Institute for Leadership Education (“MILE”) mentoring program
- Advisory Board Member, Department of Management in Fogelman College of Business